Series 24 will be the twenty-fourth series of the BBC motoring show Top Gear and will premiere on the 5th of March, 2017. It will be presented by Matt LeBlanc, Chris Harris and Rory Reid with regular appearances from Eddie Jordan and Sabine Schmitz. The presenting line-up from the twenty-third series will return and remains unchanged with the exception of Chris Evans, who quit at the end of the previous series. The series will contain seven episodes.
The series has begun filming. A first trailer for the series was released on the 25th of December, 2016. A second trailer was released in February 2017, along with the launch date: the 5th of March, 2017.
Filming for the series has been kept under wraps with very few public sightings of the crew. One known item, however, will be a race from Muscat, Oman to Dubai, the United Arab Emirates with LeBlanc in a boat, Harris in a car, and Reid in a plane. Harris was later seen driving a Bugatti Chiron near the Dubai Marina. Elsewhere, LeBlanc has been seen filming with an Avotros Shaman on the Isle of Man and with a Aston Martin DB11 in Montenegro.
Additionally, in a trailer revealed in February 2017, it was revealed that Harris, LeBlanc, and Reid had filmed an episode in Kazakhstan. Also in the trailer it was revealed that Harris had tested the LaFerrari FXX-K. Shortly after, the premiere date was revealed to be the 5th of March, 2017.
It has been confirmed that the Star in a Rallycross Car segment, first introduced in the previous series, would be replaced in the forthcoming series and that the new reasonably-priced car would be a Toyota GT86.
- LeBlanc and Harris head to Nevada for an all-weather test of two new convertibles; the Lamborghini Huracan and the Porsche 911 Turbo S
- LeBlanc, Harris, and Reid power across the Kazakhstan wilderness in second-hand cars with more than half a million kilometers on the clock
- Harris and Reid journey across Cuba in two second-hand sports cars to impress the locals
- LeBlanc heads to the Isle of Man to test the Avotros Shaman
- LeBlanc and Harris head to Montenegro for a test of the Aston Martin DB11 and the Mercedes
- LeBlanc, Harris, and Reid attempt to turn the SsangYong Rodius into a luxury yacht