The Ferrari Testarossa has one of the highest selling figures of all Ferrari's, so it is not very exclusive. However, that's because everyone wanted one and to make it exclusive would have been a bit unfair and may have been a loss for Ferrari. It looked new and exciting in a 1980s sort of way. As long as you had one of these, a perm, and a new romantic-type suit, all the girls would forget Duran Duran and Spandau Ballet and chase after you (unless they were avid Lamborghini Countach followers)
It had a flat-12 engine, inspired by the legendary Ferrari F1 cars of the late 70s. It was, pretty much, an F1 car in fancy dress. One of the reasons it was so popular was because people loved the looks, its comfort and it was quite nice to drive.
- Years produced: 1984-96
- Engine: Flat 12
- 0-60 mph: 5.2 seconds
- Power: 390 bhp
- Max. speed: 180 mph
Cool Factor Edit
- The name 'Testarossa' means 'red head'.
- It's called this because of the red cam covers.
- The Testarossa has featured in so many video games because of its cult status.
- There was also a nice, white one in Miami Vice.
- Anyone could identify a Testarossa from the recognisable air scoops on the door.
- It had leather seats sewn by hand and some very nice carpet.
- It had a rear mid-engine so it had rear-wheel drive to keep the centre of gravity in the middle of the car.