After decades of absence from the Grand Tourer market, Ferrari recently returned with the California. The innovative idea of having a 2+2 Grand Tourer meant that a family could go out in this, although not for any practical purpose
The California's designer was inspired by Ferraris of the 1970s and so come up with a large, curvy body. It would perform awfully on the track, but that's because Ferrari intend for you to go on road trips listening to the first front engined Ferrari V8.
- Years produced: 2009
- Engine: V8
- 0-62 mph.: 4 seconds
- Power: 460 bhp
- Max. speed: 193 mph
- The Ferrari 'infotainment' system.
- This is sold out until 2012.
- The front engine means it will never be true Ferrari amongst purists.
- Ferrari spent over 1,000 hours in the wind tunnel with a 1/3 scale model to aid aerodynamics.
- It is the first Ferrari to have a metal folding roof.