The DBR9 is the racing equivalent of the DB9 and its racing career has been quite successful, notable victories including Silverstone 2005 and the Le Mans GT class 2009. Obviously, a race car can't just be a roaad car with stickers, it has to be extensively modified. Because the DBR9 is more powerful and lighter than the standard DB9 and so as double the power-to-weight ratio.
The Power Lap Edit
Wheelspinning off the line, The Stig tore round the track a bit like a majestic ballet dancer juggling with chainsaws. It recorded an excellent time of 1.08.6. However, because Aston can't sell the car, it was disqualified.
- Years produced: 2005-present
- Engine: V12
- 0-62 m.p.h.: 3.4 seconds
- Power: 600 b.h.p.
- Max. speed: 180 m.p.h.
- A fast race car is all very well, but it also needs to be safe. Thankfully, there's steel roll cage, so it is.
- Cars number 007 and 009 are named after James Bond and his DB9 in Casino Royale.
- During Le Mans 2009 the DBR9 got through 12 sets of tyres.
- The aluminium roof has a few differences from the DB9's, such as no glue in some areas to save weight.
- The bodyshell is almost completely carbon fibre so it ways 1 tonne less than a DB9.